The world was different once. Dragons soared in the skies and aided the kingdom of man. The Empire prospered, magic was in a time of resonance, the Imperial army kept peace and order throughout the realm, and the Dragoknight Legion at its head was beloved by all. So it was for an age.
That age has died.
Pride and apathy seeped into the ruling hearts of the Empire, like a slow venom, which poisoned man's bond with Dragonkind, and eventually, sundered it entirely. The once-honored Dragoknight legion is scattered, scorned and abandoned by its people. The hearts of the Empire are torn between ancient magic and new technology. The roads and wilderness are no longer safe as the army which once policed it has dwindled or been replaced by little more than mercenaries of the crown.
In this time of weakness and uncertainty, an unknown evil gathers its forces. In this time of conflicting ideology, the old places of magical power grow tainted. While the crumbling sound of the Empire's torpid fall goes unheeded by rulers consumed with their own egotism, all manner of foul creatures freely plunder its villages. In this new and desperate age, man's most powerful allies slumber, and only one hope remains.
But who can awaken the Dragons?
Fight hideous monsters in lushly rendered environments with a user friendly point-and-click battle system! Customize your character's skill-set and arm yourself with a full array of weapons and armor! Loot the bodies of your foes or pick the locks of forgotten chests to discover countless magical items-each with their own back story and link to the world! Explore ancient ruins, deep forests, and mystical mountain paths! Uncover the fate of the Gemstone Dragon, and perhaps, change the fate of the Empire!
» version 1.1 - posted on 2010-04-24
EULA - End User License Agreement
PLEASE READ THIS LICENSE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SOFTWARE.
BY USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE, PROMPTLY DESTROY THE SOFTWARE AND RELATED DOCUMENTATION AND ALL COPIES THEREOF.
1. License. The application, demonstration, and other software accompanying this License, whether on disk, in read only memory, or on any other media (the 'Software'), and the related documentation are licensed to you by Konstantinos Evgenidis (the 'Author'). The Author retains title to the Software and related documentation. The demo software may be distributed freely on on-line services, bulletin boards, or other electronic media as long as the files are distributed in their entirety.
2. Restrictions. The Software contains copyrighted material, trade secrets and other proprietary material and in order to protect them you may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise reduce the Software to a human-perceivable form.
3. Termination. This License is effective until terminated. You may terminate this License at any time by destroying the Software and related documentation and all copies thereof. This License will terminate immediately without notice from the Author if you fail to comply with any provision of this License. Upon termination you must destroy the Software and related documentation and all copies thereof.
4. Disclaimer of Warranty on Software. You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the Software is at your sole risk. The Software and related documentation is provided 'AS IS' and without warranty of any kind. THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED. FURTHERMORE, THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR RELATED DOCUMENTATION IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE BY THE AUTHOR SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR'S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE SOFTWARE.
5. Complete Agreement. This License constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the use of the Software and related documentation, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding such subject matter. No amendment to or modification of this License will be binding unless in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of the Author.
6. Contact Information. http://www.gemstonedragon.com email@example.com